Etiquettes of Eid
1. To spend the night before Eid in ibadat like solah and zikir. It is narrated in a hadith that :
"Whoever stands up (in worship) in the nights preceding the two Eids expecting
rewards from his Lord, his heart will not die when the other hearts will die."
The scholars agreed that it is mustahab to spend the night before Eid in prayer.
2. To arise early in the morning.
3. To take a full bath (ghusl) after fajr, with the intention of fulfiling the sunah act.
Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) mentioned that the scholars were agreed that it is mustahab (recommended) to take a bath before the Eid prayer.
4. Clean your teeth.
5. Wear best clothes, even if they be new or old. The clothes should be according to the syariah. And it should not be revealing (the aurah) and transparent ect. for women.
-The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) approved of 'Umar's idea of looking one's best (Umar recommended buying Jubbah – long garment), but he rejected and denounced the idea of buying this jubbah because it was made of silk.
-Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had a jubbah (long garment) that he would wear on `Eid and on Fridays."
6. Wear perfume (for men). It is HARAM for woman to wear perfume and go out from her house. Similarly, she is not allowed to wear perfume in the presence of non mahram men. In a hadith it is narrated that, a woman who goes out of her house wearing perfume, she is like a prostitude (penzina/pelacur).
7. Eat breakfast before leaving to Eid ul Fitr prayer.
A hadith narrated by Al-Bukhari from Anas Ibn Malik (ra) who said:
"The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) would not go out on the morning of ` Eid Al-Fitr until he had eaten some dates... and he would eat an odd number." (Al-Bukhari, 953)
-It is mustahab to eat before coming out because this confirms that we are not allowed to fast on this day, and demonstrates that the fast is now over.
-Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) explained that this is to prevent people extending the fast and it also means obeying the commandment of Allah. (Fath, 2/446).
-If a person does not have any dates, he can eat anything permissible for breakfast.
8. Also there is Eid Takbeer which should be started and done from Maghrib of the night of Eid to Asr of the day of Eid and especially on way to Eid prayer.
"Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laa ilaaha illallahu Wallahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar , Wa lillahil Hamd."
(Allah is the greatest, He is the greatest. There is no god except Allah. He is the greatest. All praises and thanks are for Him)
This is one of the greatest Sunnahs of this day.
9. Go to Eid prayer early
10. Pray in congregation in an open place or in a masjid.
11. Listen to Eid khutbah.
It was reported that 'Abd-Allah Ibn Al-Sa'ib said:
"I attended Eid with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and when he had finished the prayer, he said: "We are going to give a khutbah, so whoever wishes to sit (and listen) to the khutbah, let him sit down, and whoever wants to leave, let him go.'"
-Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his book Al-Majmoo' Sharh Al-Muhadhdhab, p. 23: "It is mustahabb (recommended) for people to listen to the khutbah, although the khutbah and listening to it are not essential conditions of the Eid prayer.
-Al-Shafa'i said: 'If someone does not listen to the khutbah of Eid, at the time of an eclipse, when prayers for rain are offered, or during Hajj, or he speaks during one of these khutbahs, or leaves, I would not like this, but he does not have to repeat the prayer."
12. Take one route to Eid prayer and another one back.
Jabir Ibn 'Abd-Allah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to vary his routes on the day of Eid. ( Al-Bukhari, 986)
13. Give Zakatul Fitr on Eid Day.
14. Exchange greetings and glad tidings upon one another.
Jubayr Ibn Nufayr said: "At the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), when people met one another on the day of Eid, they would say, 'Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minka' (May Allah accept from us and from you)."
Selamat Hari Raya
Maaf Zahir & Batin
Kullu A'aamin Wa Antum Bi Khair..!